Cobalt is a range of powerful cloud-based software components that deliver customisable, fast, highly visual and interactive services across all devices. Cobalt attaches detailed metadata to content to support easy search and discovery, helping service providers maximise revenue opportunities from their valuable content.
Cobalt comprises a TV management platform, multi-device application servers and on-demand delivery systems within the operator headend. It includes:
- A linear broadcast TV system for the delivery of basic services to cost-sensitive markets;
- An advanced TV platform for all types of content delivery, sophisticated payment models and cross-environment content discovery;
- Customisable portals that can deliver HTML5 TV applications and support the delivery of on-demand content.
Cobalt can be combined with Pace Management Systems to provide quality assurance and network management for diagnostics and system-wide performance monitoring.
Cobalt combines the latest functionality with a range of features that enable flexibility in long-term roadmap evolution, through:
- State-of-the-art functionality that includes personalisation, content recommendations, streaming VOD and progressive download, home-wide PVR and a universal search across broadcast, on-demand and recorded assets;
- Virtually every system feature can be purchased separately and only when needed;
- Compatibility with advanced residential gateways, PCs, smartphones and tablets, in addition to set-top boxes;
- Integration with Management Systems that leads to reduced service cost and improved customer satisfaction;
- Optional pre-integrated conditional access.
Key Business Benefits
Cobalt is designed to take on issues that matter most to payTV operators: increasing ARPU and customer satisfaction while reducing operational costs.
- Reduced time to market enables operators to meet consumer demand and monetise new, high-value content and services;
- Active network management improves Quality of Service (QoS) and significantly reduces customer calls;
- Universal search promotes the consumption of high-value content by making it easy to find and purchase;
- Application support for consumer electronics devices increases stickiness and minimises the competitive threat of standalone OTT services;
On both the supply and the demand side of the payTV business, Pace gives operators the tools and the head start they need to outperform competitors, leverage new technologies and stay in step with – if not in front of – consumer expectations.
Technology in brief
- Automated ingest for TV Schedule, VOD, Catch-up TV and OTT, with predefined metadata formats;
- Implemented with standard Web 2.0 technologies to significantly reduce your customisation costs;
- Headend APIs for creation of client applications on various devices;
- Pre-integrated recommendation engine or glue for third-party integrations;
- Support for regionalisation;
- Cross-domain search on broadcast, on-demand, recorded and OTT content;
- VOD chapters and bookmarking;
- User-created system lists (e.g. favourites.)