Service Delivery Platform enriching subscribers TV experiences
from broadcast to multiscreen
Cobalt opens up new opportunities for operators including the transition from one-way to two-way networks, the delivery of custom broadcast applications and the ability to extend broadcast services to companion devices via set-top boxes or the cloud.
Enhanced subscriber experience
Integrated with operator’s media head-ends, Cobalt SDP adds the power of the cloud to enhance operator broadcast services, such as bookmarks, cross platforms search and intelligent recommendations.
Using Cobalt operators can manage their subscribers from a single cloud-based user account allowing content to be shared seamlessly across multiple devices and networks.
Flexible for simple and rapid Integration
Cobalt enables a unified, consistent service across all devices, independent of network. Content metadata can be sent over the broadcast network, through broadband/mobile networks, or both, making Cobalt a flexible choice for whole home and OTT solutions.
Cobalt is pre-integrated with Pace Elements allowing rapid deployment of cost-effective solutions.
Understanding customer usage, monetizing content
Cobalt captures audience usage statistics - who’s watching what, where, and on what device enabling operators to build a comprehensive and sophisticated picture of subscribers viewing behaviour. Understanding their subscribers’ viewing makes it easier for operators to develop higher value services and make the correct content recommendations.
Enhance one-way services
Enhance one-way broadcast programming:
- Deliver additional broadcast EPG: 21 days or more.
- Deliver promos & banners via the broadcast network.
- Deliver push-VOD movies on-demand and teasers
Transition from one-way to two-way services
Cobalt allows operators to quickly transition from one-way to two-way services by delivering richer EPG data and IP on-demand services to broadcast STBs.
Create custom applications
Operators can quickly and easily build TV applications to create content and channel stickiness.
- Ingest custom data.
- Target it to a set of devices.
- Deliver the content and customer specific data via traditional broadcast or IP multicast channels.
Enable 2nd screen and companion devices
Deliver a broadcast or two-way TV system onto tablets, smartphones, PCs, games consoles extending operator services reach and revenue earning potential:
- Use the power of a tablet to perform “lean-forward” searches and then immediately watch found content on the main screen.
- Use remote EPG & remote PVR services to allow off-net users to view the program guide, set new bookings, and manage their recorded content.
- Use the favourites lists, view queues, and bookmarks to allow a subscriber to browse the on-demand catalogue from their smartphone or tablet.