The Oxygen User Interface provides operators with the visual components to create great end-user experiences. It leverages the capabilities of Pace’s Tungsten STB Device software and exposes the rich functionality of the Cobalt Media Head End Management software.
Oxygen is a highly customisable UI that enables operators to deliver non-linear, interactive and personalised content from multiple sources including broadcast, on-demand, local recordings and OTT. Oxygen enables rapid feature development so operators can deploy new revenue generating opportunities, quickly.
- Meets operators’ UI requirements whatever their geographic location or stage of service development;
- Delivers broadcast TV services for operators in more traditional highly cost sensitive environments;
- Supports operators to evolve new services that require the latest UI developments to enable their service across multiple devices in the subscriber home.
Oxygen is modular, flexible and, using the Oxygen Toolbox, can be easily customised by operators, either by themselves, or in conjunction with Pace’s Professional Services. The range of features within the Oxygen UI includes:
- Grid Guide
- Live pause recordings
- Intelligent setup, configuration and diagnostics and remote management support
- Recordings reminders library
- Basic search
- Favourites settings
- Advanced search and discovery
- Search wish list
- Queues history
- VoD and catch up portals
- Posters promo’s synopsis
- Internet-delivered content and client-side applications
- Personal and social recommendations
Key Business Benefits
Oxygen is a dynamic and easily upgraded UI that enables operators to provide comprehensive payTV services across multiple devices within the home. It gives operators the functionality they need to deliver and evolve their service the way they want and at the speed so they can drive ARPU growth, reduce churn and decrease operating costs.
- Enables operators to create UIs that are simple and easy to use;
- Is highly customisable within the operator brand environment;
- Ensures content is easy to find and can be accessed in multiple ways;
- Can differentiate and promote high-value content;
- Supports content mobility around the home, thus creating new revenue opportunities;
- Ensures operators are not locked in to a single supplier for features or timescales.
Technology in Brief
- Based on WebKit HTML5 Rendering Engine;
- Provides a toolbox of UI design elements – transitions, style sheets, widgets;
- Provides reference linear TV implementations – guides, banners, settings menus, PVR libraries;
- Provides reference advanced TV implementations – OTT and application portals, personalisation, search and discovery.