Your consumer’s favourite apps and content – all in one place – your place – their place
While linear viewing on a TV screen still remains the dominant viewing model, consumers choose to watch content in a number of other ways:
- Time-shifted – either on a +1 channel, live-pause or catch-up TV
- Personal Video Recorder (PVR) - either recording onto physical hardware in the home (PVR) or a stored in the cloud on a networked PVR (nPVR)
- Live viewing on another device (place-shifted) either inside or outside the home
- Series stacking – binge viewing all of the series of a TV show in one sitting
- On-demand viewing of films, TV episodes or short-form User Generated Content (UGC) – like YouTube or own-brand offerings
Most of these methods require the ability to deliver content over an open internet connection rather than over traditional linear delivery. Over the Top content is delivered directly from service provider to viewer, independently of the viewer’s ISP, without the need for carriage negotiations and without any infrastructure investment on the part of the provider.
To find out more on how OTT works and what it can do for you, browse our other related resources.
Related Articles and Press