Beyond industry standards
Compliance is often about achieving the minimum standard. That's not the Pace way. We believe in pushing the boundaries in everything we do, and that includes our work to reduce our impact on the environment.
Proactive, not reactive
We work hard to deliver ahead of legislative requirements, setting ourselves ambitious targets which we usually exceed:
- our Design for Environment (DFE) process demonstrates that we are implementing our environmental policy. All our set-top boxes are designed in accordance with DFE criteria;
- the power consumption in our set-top boxes has consistently been ahead of any standards and the competition.
- we have developed active power management to drive energy performance improvement in set-top boxes by using only the power needed to deliver the required functionality;
- our extensive Restricted Substances list for use in set-top boxes goes beyond current legislation;
- we have reported every year, since its inception, to the EU Code of Conduct (CoC) (the only manufacturer to do so);
- the hardware designs of all our products comply with, or exceed, the EU CoC, Energy Star or MEPS guidelines;
- we apply the closest guidelines in regions where no environmental legislation exists.
- we publish our environmental performance and have done so since 2002. Download our latest and archived reports;
- we ensure that all our external power supply units (PSU) meet the highest internationally recognised limits for PSU efficiency (EnergyStar and EU Code of Conduct).